Monday, September 7, 2015

Flower art I made for a cancer research walk

A couple of months ago my husband gave a donation to a colleague who was doing a walk for cancer research. In return he got a paper bag which he was told could be decorated with pictures or text related to the cause. This bag would then be used in the evening of the walk to put a candle in. (I still haven’t quite worked out how they would light the candles without posing some sort of safety risk, but anyway). As I am the creative one in the family my husband asked if I might like to decorate the bag. A few people close to me have had cancer so this was quite a meaningful little project.
I used this picture from the internet of a beautiful bouquet of flowers as my reference and inspiration.
I drew a few of the flowers and leaves and coloured them in with markers, then cut them out and arranged them into a bouquet. Then I coloured and cut out the pink paper so I could stick all the individual little pieces down with double sided sticky tape. To finish off I made the breast cancer awareness ribbon and added this to the bottom of the bouquet before attaching it to the paper bag.
So this was the finished result!

Having never made anything like this before I had no idea if it was going to work out, but I must admit it turned out better than I expected.
I would have liked to have added more detail and perhaps more flowers but I only had a day to make it and I ran out of time. I really enjoyed making this and would love to make something else using this sort of technique. Perhaps there something I could make for you? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment