Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Cameo in Paint Shop Pro

Some years ago when I was learning Paint Shop Pro I came across a few tutorials on how to make a cameo. Although the end results were pretty, I felt no-one quite nailed the effect. So that's when I decided to have a go myself. For my first attempt I found a font I liked which, instead of having all the letters of the alphabet, had elegant ladies in place of each letter. I found an image I liked and made the cameo below.



It turned out quite pretty but it wasn't very creative - I just added a shadow to the figure, added gold framing and that was pretty much it. And really it didn't feel to me like a real cameo, it was barely 3-dimensional, so I would have to think up another method.

After many unsuccessful attempts I went on to other things and forgot about the cameo. That is, until one day when I was playing around with some effects and settings and created a wonderful 3D image, suitable for making a cameo. I quickly wrote down the steps I'd taken so I could duplicate this effect again. The nice thing is you can make this out of any 3 dimensional looking image, so I found one that I thought would make a great cameo. Here is what I made:


If you would like to find out how to make your own cameo, post me a message and I will tidy up my notes and make this tutorial for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment