Thursday, September 10, 2015

Decorated oriental fan made from scratch

Today I'd like to share another Paint Shop Pro creation of mine. In my blog yesterday I mentioned that several years ago there used to be lots of picture plate PSP tutorials on the internet which had inspired me to write my own plate tutorials. Similarly there used to be a few tutorials which showed how to make beautiful decorated wall fans, each one quite different.

So I thought I might have a try at making my own fan. I certainly don't have as much imagination as those talented ladies back then, so instead I used a picture of a gorgeous oriental fan saved from the internet as my reference. I'd almost forgotten I had made this until I was looking through my PSP projects the other day.

So in case you are in any doubt I did actually make the above image in PSP, it's not a photo of a fan! The only thing I haven't put on this fan is some oriental writing. I say "oriental" as the original fan I was referencing had text but I am not sure if it was in Chinese or Japanese.

So how do you like it? Do you think it's worthwhile making a tutorial? Is there something else you would like me to create, or a tutorial. I am open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment